Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THIS JUST IN: Joke Aged Over Four Decades Made New by Fresh Young Comic

The Telegraph, December 30, 2008, Stars who will shine in 2009: Kevin Bishop by Neil LaBute


My discovery of the year is the young actor/comedian Kevin Bishop. I had the pleasure of working with him on my play Fat Pig and through that experience discovered his work on British television, namely Star Stories and his own sketch comedy show, The Kevin Bishop Show. Trust me, this little bastard is quick as a whip and funny as hell. Like all good comics, his timing is impeccable and his eagerness to please is only outshone by his ability to do it. His creative mind leaves me breathless and his impression of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins puts me on the floor. Every time.


****

As the Teletubbies put it, "Again, again!"

Or, as they say on Just a Minute, "Repetition!"

No comments: